Thursday, June 3, 2010

Commited to Blogs and Savings!!!

I have made a few commitments to myself lately...

The first one is...I am going to blog my shopping trips and the savings. All of them! It doesn't matter if anyone is reading them or not. It is a great way for me to keep track of all my savings and keep me motivated! So starting this evening I will be blogging every shopping trip. Three stores today and will hit them again before weeks end.

The others are to do more freezer cooking (explain later) and then starting June 20th I have joined allyou.com in their Grocery Challenge. You have to stay under a grocery budget of $25 per person each week for four weeks. That's not too awful hard, but it is to include breakfast, lunches and dinners. The hard part is coming up with recipes that are creative and healthy. That will be my part of the challenge. My goal is to not repeat any dinners...Sound impossible? Nah! I can do this!

Freezer cooking is just bulk prep and cooking. I have done this before and will probably do this every two weeks or do. It takes some planning (my specialty), but will be worth it to enjoy my evenings and weekends, not worried about what I am going to fix for dinner.

You think I can get the kids and husband to commit to very little take out, if any at all?? How much can I save? How much time will I save? Can wait to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment